The Home Song Stories (2007)iMDB Rating: 7.2
Date Released : 14 August 2008
Genre : Drama
Stars : Joan Chen, Yuwu Qi, Joel Lok, Irene Chen
Movie Quality : HDrip
Format : MKV
Size : 870 MB
Download Trailer SubtitleRose, a Shanhainese songstress singing at nightclubs in HongKong during the 60's, marries an Australian sailor and migrates with her young son and daughter to Melbourne. Her past filled with lost innocence, she begins a cycle of dependence and desperation to create a family for herself and her children, culminating with her affair with Qi, an illegal immigrant from HongKong. Watched through the eyes of her young son, the mother's journey reveals painful truths about the human condition, the love of family and self, and the price we pay for growing up.
Watch The Home Song Stories Trailer :
Review :
Tony Ayres Has Done A Brilliant Job.
I went to the Australian premiere of "The Home Song Stories" last night, and I'm damn glad I did.
It's a great film.
Tony Ayres has done a magic job of bringing his life story to the big screen, and he's picked a great cast to do it with.
Newcomers John Lok and Irene Chen are fantastic as the young Tony and his older sister, Mei.
Joan Chen's finally found a great role, after a string of awful ones.
She shines as Tony's mother, a former Hong Kong nightclub singer who moves to Australia in 1971 with her two children, after marrying an Australian sailor... who she promptly shoots through on.
I don't really want to tell you too much about the movie, because I'd rather you went and saw it yourself.
All I can say is that it's a great study of immigrant life in the 70's, and a snapshot of Australia at the time.
I'm not sure how wide a release "The Home Song Stories" will get, but if it turns up in your local cinema, go see it.
I haven't enjoyed a film this much in a long time.
To hear an interview with Tony, go to
http://rastous.podomatic.com/entry/2007-02-25T18_39_35-08_00
Title : Watch The Home Song Stories Online
Description : The Home Song Stories (2007) iMDB Rating: 7.2 Date Released : 14 August 2008 Genre : Drama Stars : Joan Chen, Yuwu Qi, Joel Lok, Irene Chen ...